Will Mineral Springs Renewal Raise my CYA?

bostonpool

May 29, 2017
Worcester, MA
Hi folks:

Pool newbie here who just bought a house with 32,000 gallon Gunite pool, which we just switched to SWG using Aqua Rite 120 with T-15 cell.

We went the Mineral Springs route because it was "easy" and we don't know a lot yet. But I'm thinking this will change shortly.

I'm supposed to put in 7 lbs / week of Mineral Springs "Renewals" to help keep the water balanced. My concern is on whether or not this will increase by CYA.

I don't know where my CYA is right now. Last week it was 83 on one day and 93 on the next. It is a bit high from where it should be.

The system seems to be having challenges raising FC. But this could be because for the first week we had a "T-9" cell programed into the Aqua Rite instead of T-15. It's since been corrected.

But I also worry it's because of high CYA.

If I continue to use Renewal Weekly, will it raise my CYA?

I've seen products that claim to lower CYA. Do these work?

Note I only have "Salt Scapes" test strips as of now to test my water, but will be getting a TF-100 delivered on Friday

Nice move on getting the TF-100.....you will be pleasantly surprised at just how much control you will soon have over your pool.

I am not sure if the Mineral Springs stuff has CYA in it or not......I would stop using it. You don't need it anyway and it is just costing you money.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.