Will an LED pool light still show continuity if it failed?

Apr 18, 2018
Lakewood, OH
Will an LED pool light show continuity if it failed? Specifically the Pentair GloBrite (which I know if prone to water infiltration)? Verified the transformer is working correctly, but light just stopped working one evening. It was on one second and off the next!

Take a look at this for a replacement.

Take a look at this for a replacement.

I noticed you recommended this same light on another thread. I initially discounted it since the light can't be controlled via the Pentair automation, but I noticed looking more carefully at the instructions that the light color can be selected once. And it'll remember the last color for the next time. I think this may be acceptable since I don't change the color very frequently. Has anyone use this long term and can comment on the quality? With the GloBrite's short life and water issues, this may be an alternative assuming the color quality is comparable. I don't see myself replacing the light now that it's in the winter season, but likely will go down this route in the spring.

I do not have the Pooltone lights as of yet. They will be used when my current Globrites fail. The plus is Florida Sunseeker now has the small lights for replacement. Controlling the lights will be more of a challenge, but once you determine what setting in ET is what pool color, should not be a big issue.

I have seen a couple members that have stated they got FS lights and are satisfied.

Reactions: niveknow

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool or spa lights, transformers and junction boxes have to be "listed" by an NRTL for the purpose.

For example, this Jandy light is listed by Intertek (ETL), which is a NRTL.

The standard is "UL676", which was developed by UL, but any NRTL can certify a pool light to this standard if they are certified to test this specific standard.

1669056558898.png

I do not have the Pooltone lights as of yet. They will be used when my current Globrites fail. The plus is Florida Sunseeker now has the small lights for replacement. Controlling the lights will be more of a challenge, but once you determine what setting in ET is what pool color, should not be a big issue.

I have seen a couple members that have stated they got FS lights and are satisfied.

Mknauss, I’m looking to replace my globrites (6 pool + 1 spa). Considering FS (small units) and PAL Treo Retro, also direct replacements (but need 4 wire versus 2). Benefit of the PAL is it clones the Pentair/Globrite automation although you must use PAL transformers (I’d need two). My bigest concern is brightness. We recently went to a darker pebbletec and I’m not happy with the brightness of the pool (even with 6 lights). The FS are rated at 18w, while the PAL’s are rated at 6w. I’m a little skeptical on the FS’s reported 18w because their information on some of their products seems to be copy/paste from other items and is clearly incorrect. I’m interested in your thoughts.

Their website is less than elegant. Very small company. Call them. They will freely talk to you about their products.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.