Wilbar Fairfield

Jul 17, 2015
Pace, Florida
Morning all!
We recently got rid of our Intex 12 x 24 pool and had a Wilbar Fairfield all aluminum 15 x 24 installed. We are using a Heyward 1.5hp pump and an Intex SWG that was used on our old pool. Couple of questions:
1 - Does anyone know any pros/cons of our new pool? We bought from a local store and had a contractor install the pool (I did the electrical and bonding) and we can't seem to find any reviews or write-ups about the quality of the pool we have.
2 - If we change out liners in a couple of years, can we put in a deep end, or are liners specific to certain pools?
3 - Forgot to ask - we added a 2nd return and a skimmer to our Intex. The new pool has one skimmer and one return. There seems to be great flow around the pool, is there any reason to add a 2nd return like we did with our old pool?
4 - How long do the chemicals in a test kit last? We bought one recommended on here for our old pool, but never got around to using it.

Thanks for all the input - including a pic with the solar cover installed. We live in Florida, so with our small heat pump, we were swimming this past Saturday :)

Attachments

• 20200105_171600.jpg
    20200105_171600.jpg
    612 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Pool? At first all I could see and drool over was that *gorgeous* deck! A real craftsman made that.

Check the expiration dates on the bottles....they usually last up to about 2 years. If older, toss 'em out and order a refill set from:
www.tftestkits.net. Cheaper than getting a new kit in entirety.

I'm not familiar with that pool brand name. Perhaps in a few years when you decide to get a new liner you can find out if a generic liner made to order can be used (or not?) and then I know some folks do deepen an area.

Don't tease us about swimming last weekend... we still have a couple of months to go since we don't have a heater. <pout>

Maddie :flower:

Don't know about your brand of pool but do know you can make the middle a bit deeper as the liner has some stretch in it. Not really a deep end but a deeper area.

LOVE everything I could see in your pic. Is that a donkey or a horse?

LOVE that deck! Like Maddie says someone has SKILLS! NICE!

Kim:kim:

Wilbar International I believe is the biggest pool manufacturer there is. They are sold under multiple brands. They're not the best but I believe their aluminum pools are considered pretty good.

No you cannot make an oval pool deeper as there's straps going across the bottom.

Reactions: Pool Novice NY
Wilbar International I believe is the biggest pool manufacturer there is. They are sold under multiple brands. They're not the best but I believe their aluminum pools are considered pretty good.

No you cannot make an oval pool deeper as there's straps going across the bottom.

there is a Wilbar manufacturing place in Long Island where I live ! Also I heard you can do a deep end on one of the round sides away from the strap system?

there is a Wilbar manufacturing place in Long Island where I live ! Also I heard you can do a deep end on one of the round sides away from the strap system?

I had thought about that, I don't see why you couldn't but it would be awfully small on a 15x24. Also not sure if anyone makes such a liner?

If I was going to do it I would probably call Tom at The Pool Factory and ask him. Is that the Wilbar place you know of in Long Island?

Reactions: Pool Novice NY
I had thought about that, I don't see why you couldn't but it would be awfully small on a 15x24. Also not sure if anyone makes such a liner?

If I was going to do it I would probably call Tom at The Pool Factory and ask him. Is that the Wilbar place you know of in Long Island?
Thanks ! I will keep that in mind and I meant I saw an actual Wilbar manufacturing building where they make the pools ! Really cool to see

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.