WIFI Pool Cleaner

Sep 22, 2018
Houma, LA
Has anyone heard when or if Maytronics will release the M600 or the io line of cleaners. I have been looking for a wifi enable robot. Have pretty much settled on the Maytronics line. From everything I have read and been told they seem to be the most servicable and a couple of companies around here even service them locally. Check this link for info that I have found.

Looks like they just beefed up their S series line and added WiFi to it.

Honest question - do you really NEED the WiFi/Cloud-connected option?? I suspect that cleaner is going to come in at a very hefty price tag (I’ll guess $1,600) and you won’t get any better actual cleaning performance than an S series ($800).

I use the Bluetooth control on my S300i to turn it on/off and bring it over to me manually so I’m not tanking on the cord but that’s about it. I don’t really see the advantage of “snooping” on a cleaner while away from home.

I learned my lesson about Dolphin Products....never become a beta-user! They always release new stuff that they put up in their high-end models, then, within in a year, the tech finds itself in the lower end models. Case in point - swivel cords! Swivel cords were initially only offered in their M-series robots. They created a lower priced, but excellent S-series line of robots and I bought mine in 2017. Exactly 8 months later when the new 2018 models came out....BOOM! swivel cords were standard issue on the S-series.....

I'll let Maytronics have fun with all the beta monkeys testing their new product then wait for a few more years. When my S-series is ready to be replaced, I'm sure WiFi/IoT/IFTTT/Voodoo/Witchcraft/etc will be standard issue....heck, they'll even add on a smoke-signal control option.....

Reactions: Nate4429
I am thinking all I need to do is rig up an external WiFi enabled actuator on the outside of my Dolphin power supply to press the start (power) button...

All of the S-series robots (2018 versions and later...maybe 2017 too but not sure) have what's called "Automation Mode" where the power supply "listens" to the outlet it's plugged into and, if the power is cycled, it will run whatever program was previously set. So one could get a WiFi enabled plug and then schedule it to power-cycle ON at a specific time (or ad-hoc) and then the robot will run. Obviously this is very crude "automation" as there is no feedback info that a fully web-enabled power supply could offer, but it gets most of the job done.

So no need for any robot arms to be installed....

Reactions: cmc0619

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I called and talk to Maytronics yesterday. They said they didn't like something to do with linking. They have delayed the release until they solve some issues.. She said if its not out by June it probably won't be out until late 2019 or even 2020. They gave no word on pricing.

Reactions: nemeth8
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.