Wifi Controller DTH101-P w/ Jandy LRZ Heater & Intermatic Pool/Spa Remote Control

RajLives

Feb 1, 2022
Brand new to pools and spas. I'd like to install the DTH101-P on a Jandy LRZ Heater that I think is also connected to an Intermatic Model #RC2163BFE Pool/Spa Remotely Operated Combination Control System.

https://www.thermomart.com/download/DTH101-P installation.pdf

No idea how this all works together and am worried am going to mess it up, don't get the Intermatic at all, only found out about it recently.

While the wiring and sensor install looks easy for the DTH101-P, I don't know if I can add the wifi controller and leave what is connected to the remote control wiring on the PCB.

I was told I need 2 DTH101-P, one for the pool and one for the spa. 1 wired to pool and com. The other wired to spa and com. Com would take 2 wired one from each controller.

Can whatever is currently on the control stay and the wifi be added? I have no idea what is on it now, guessing it's the intermatic.

Pool companies won't help install anything other than the Jandy iAqualink equipment and best quote I got was $1100. 2 of these controllers are under $200 and provide same functionality. Company offered to enclose them in a waterproof box and extend the sensors by 5 meters. Which should make the install easier.

Thanks for any help

1645147741419.png

Welcome to TFP.

Tell us the story about how you have become new to pools.

You need to learn how your Intermatic controls the pump, heater, and valves in POOL mode and SPA mode. The Intermatic should have remote control units.

The DTH box can cause you problems. It may turn on your heater but will not turn on your pump if off. If you turn on the heater without the pump running it can damage the heater if the heater pressure switch malfunctions. Or if the Intermatic shuts down the pump while the DTH is callling for heat.

What are you looking to accomplish?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.