Why is SLAM better than traditional shock?

Dirk

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Nov 12, 2017
Central California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Taking care of my pool's chemistry has been waaaaaaay easier, and a lot less work, than when I had a marine aquarium. I never did figure out the tank, the pool was nothing compared to that!

mgtfp

Bronze Supporter
Mar 5, 2020
Melbourne, Australia
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Astral VX 7T
Taking care of my pool's chemistry has been waaaaaaay easier, and a lot less work, than when I had a marine aquarium. I never did figure out the tank, the pool was nothing compared to that!

I guess, a pool has the advantage over an aquarium that the target residents don't instantly die when you get the chemistry slightly wrong. But you might encourage some non-targeted residents to get a foothold in the pool when the chemistry is not right...

• Haha
Reactions: Dirk

joboo7777

Bronze Supporter
Aug 8, 2020
McKinney, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Yea I am starting to get the hang of it. I think my problem is I'm trying to be too precise with maintaining parameters(like I would with my reef tank). On the flip side, Aquarium husbandry has gone through an automation boom over the past 5-10 years so Pretty much all chemical distribution, water changes, parameter measurements and testing can be fully automated. Much easier these days to maintain a reef tank if you have the $$ to invest in automation. I'm very surprised that the pool industry is so far behind in this area. I've done some searching and although there are a few automation options there is no where near the amount that is available for maintaining aquariums.

I guess, a pool has the advantage over an aquarium that the target residents don't instantly die when you get the chemistry slightly wrong. But you might encourage some non-targeted residents to get a foothold in the pool when the chemistry is not right...
Lol.. my kids seem to have "New" friends since we have built the pool. Maybe should invite them over for a dip

Reactions: Dirk
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.