Why/how the pool techs could clean my pool in 15 minutes?!

One question though - I'm gathering, despite the size of a pool, it can be taken to ANY shock level, no matter what the CYA is. Is this right?
If so, what's the harm in ramping this thing up to 19 next week? I mean, would the plaster or paint or ladder fall off the walls? Why not go "all out"?

That small of an increase will not "take the plaster, paint, or ladder off the walls lol (I hope not anyway lol), but More is not necessarily better. Anything above Shock level is just wasted chlorine, plus it is UNSAFE to swim in a pool that has a chlorine above Shock level.

Plus lol, no offense, but lets just push for the PB to eventually reach, and maintain the 16 ppm 1st because we don't want to overwork him trying to achieve an additional 3ppm higher FC level when he's having trouble reaching the recommended level.

Oh, and you're welcome. :)
My daughter and son in law are military too, so I know how hard it is moving around everywhere trying to deal with something somewhere else. They move again in 2 years, and will be either selling or renting their house in MD where they're at right now, but it doesn't have a pool.

Just an update for anyone who happens to be following -

It's been 11 weeks and $2200 - I gave it my best shot, but when the person working on the pool for you refuses to believe there might be a different way of doing things, and absolutely will not use the numbers you have provided . . . well, what's one to do?

So, I have all but given up for this year. It's especially difficult to admit defeat as we were allllmost there! But pool guy thinks it's "good enough" (despite losing chlorine overnight), and well, enough is enough.

Lease renews in a couple months and intend for it to state that tenant is responsible for pool upkeep, with a strong suggestion that they use the TFP method. It's definitely the way to go, and if we are re stationed back at Bragg, will certainly return for help!

Thanks to all for their time, help, and patience! You guys are "good people."

Happy swimming!

:( It is hard when someone working for you will not listen. You sure did try and spent a LOT of money. HUGS to you for trying so hard.

I like your idea of having the tenant taking care of the pool. They get to enjoy it so they should take care of it. TFP is really based on day to day care. The money to pay someone from outside the home to care for it is not good as you found out-OUCH!

Kim

:( It is hard when someone working for you will not listen. You sure did try and spent a LOT of money. HUGS to you for trying so hard.

I like your idea of having the tenant taking care of the pool. They get to enjoy it so they should take care of it. TFP is really based on day to day care. The money to pay someone from outside the home to care for it is not good as you found out-OUCH!

Kim

Thanks Kim. I appreciate your comments to my many dilemmas. I see you ALL around the forum and you always seem to be helpful.

:( I'm so sorry things didn't go well.

I agree if the tenant wants to use the pool they need to maintain it.

There is however one thing I can see as a possible potential problem with that. Having been a landlord myself in the past, and managing multiple rental properties for my dad, as well as a few out of town properties as well, there isn't much I have not experienced when it comes to rental properties.

If for some reason the tenants fail to adequately maintain the pool like they are suppose to be doing, i.e. should they allow it to sit there green, breeding mosquitos, etc., it could become a potential City Violation. Their failure to maintain it even though it is stated in the lease that it is their responsibility to do so, will actually fall back on you the home owner. I just wanted to mention this so in addition to them now Suppose to be maintaining the pool being in the lease. I would suggest that you might want to also add to the lease a weekly/biweekly or monthly Facetime, or Skype inspection of the pool ensuring they are doing what the lease says they need to be doing. That way if they do fail to uphold their responsibility you can catch a potential problem early, again get someone out there to manage it appropriately, as to not risk getting into a city violation issue? That's just a suggestion to try to prevent you from having any future problems while having to be so far away from the property.
I hope this helps. Have a wonderful day :).

You could also see if there is a fellow tfp'er in the area that would maintain it for a fee. Surely less than the $2200 you spent this year just to not have it correctly implemented. A swg, and a tfp'er would be the perfect combo. They could maybe stop by once or twice a week to test and make sure everything is up to spec. Then the tenant would just have to empty skimmers and vacuum or run a cleaner. Once I got my swg dialed in this summer I literally only tested twice a week, and everything was always spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.