Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Since the tubs were just for display, the people who set up the tubs probably didn't think that they needed to use a disinfectant.

Any water source should use a disinfectant to prevent bacteria from spreading.

Even if the tubs were only for display, they might have been used by event staff after hours.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
..... and if they were routinely used as display tubs, they likely have been filled and “drained” many times before. I bet the plumbing is full of nasty biofilms. The state should have seize the tubs in question and tore them down for inspection. I bet they could culture all kinds of nasty pathogens with a few swabs of the pipes and heater.

People are not getting infected by using the tub. They are getting infected from mist that carries the bacteria.

Just walking by the tub or any water feature that creates a mist can be a risk if the bacteria is in the water.

I have been to hundreds of fairs in my lifetime, never did I think about jumping in a hot tub whilst I was there. Ewwwwww
(P.S The AZ state fair is the WORST fair I’ve ever been to in my life!!!)

The Pima County Fair is usually a pretty good time. Lots of food, fun and horse shows. Lots of our friends drive their RVs down to the fair grounds and spend the entire weekend there.

..... no hot tubbing allowed ?

Reactions: Rattus Suffocatus
The Pima County fair isn't bad for a county fair, but it still is as expensive as all get go. And there are plenty of hot tubs there with water in them on display that have no chlorine nor bromine in them.

It's no Iowa state fair though by any stretch. Good to know that the AZ fair isn't worth driving to... :)

Good to know that the AZ fair isn't worth driving to.

I’m not saying anyone shouldn’t go, you might like it. But for me personally, it didn’t do anything.
If you like turkey legs wrapped in bacon, and deep fried everything, then you’ll have your pickins. To me, there was no culture, and no variety. It’s plopped on a gigantic parking lot, in the middle of a horrible neighborhood, with over priced everything. :pth:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You are in Tucson. Don't have to go to a fair for that! I wonder how many people seeing this thread even know what one is? ... Maybe the Phoenix people, but I knew someone from there that didn't know...

I find there are many that claim to offer a Sonoran dog but few that can actually deliver on the promise. I make my own and they are legendary .... (in my own mind)

I find there are many that claim to offer a Sonoran dog but few that can actually deliver on the promise. I make my own and they are legendary .... (in my own mind)
Proof is in the pudding - or would that be Flan?

I get the feeling that is something you say to yourself quite a bit.:unsure:
Hey Rob - roadtrip?
Maybe we can get him to part with some of his famous jerky and a bit of that "special" oil too.

Proof is in the pudding - or would that be Flan?

Hey Rob - roadtrip?
Maybe we can get him to part with some of his famous jerky and a bit of that "special" oil too.

I LOVE FLAN :love:

As for jerky, you gotta give me a heads up so I can prep for it. Marinating takes a while and I’ve been dying to cook up some jerky in my smoker....just need to pull out the fractionation column that’s been running on my experimental mesquite-infused CBD oil setup .... let’s just say the FDA approval is going to take longer than I thought :unsure: But as long as you guys sign all the medical waivers and healthcare proxy forms, should be all good(y)

I have been to hundreds of fairs in my lifetime, never did I think about jumping in a hot tub whilst I was there. Ewwwwww
(P.S The AZ state fair is the WORST fair I’ve ever been to in my life!!!)

Ahhhh.. Missing the "Big E" aye...

You'll be back my friend.. Besides how can you possibly live down there without a state to tell you how to live ??????

And +1 on the Ewwwwwwwwww.... :puker:

Ahhhh.. Missing the "Big E" aye...

The “Big E” (Eastern states exposition) was a staple of my family. Went every year growing up, and then when I got older I would go every few years. That fair has a great mix of everything, food, (states buildings) rides, animals, shows, (Joie Chitwood stunt show) and cool stuff to see (Better living center).
Funny thing, most people from eastern mass never even herd of it, even though it’s in Ma.

My last stint in Ma, I was not far from the Topsfield fair, a great little seasonal fair to go to. Mmmmm German waffle fries!

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.