Hot Springs, Ar
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Core-55
Not that I am complaining at all, lol. I just find it really odd, when I see so many post about battling PH rise and such, especially with a SWG. Typically, I have to adjust my ph once a year, and that is usually to bring it up some after opening for the season. Otherwise, every single time I test it, it's 7.2-5. I was testing it every few days after installing my SWG, and I did that for like a month, and then I just stopped and did not test it the of the summer until today - and it's still 7.5.
I actually bought new PH test because I thought something was wrong with the reagents.
Is this common?

The southeast is known for having acidic, soft water. It’s why you all have issues with high iron levels. If you measure your fill water, I’d wager it’s low pH, low TA and low CH. Do a CSI calculation for it and I’d also wager it’s very negative.

Reactions: aussieta
Not unusual for me here in SC. PH remains rock solid in the 7.4-7.7 range. Haven’t touched the muriatic all season.

Not that I am complaining at all, lol. I just find it really odd, when I see so many post about battling PH rise and such, especially with a SWG. Typically, I have to adjust my ph once a year, and that is usually to bring it up some after opening for the season. Otherwise, every single time I test it, it's 7.2-5. I was testing it every few days after installing my SWG, and I did that for like a month, and then I just stopped and did not test it the of the summer until today - and it's still 7.5.
I actually bought new PH test because I thought something was wrong with the reagents.
Is this common?

Not unusual for me here in SC. PH remains rock solid in the 7.4-7.7 range. Haven’t touched the muriatic all season.

My experience as well. I haven’t used MA in years.

Same- I haven’t used ma in the pool except for the 1st fill over 3 yrs ago. I am just now on the 2nd bottle of the 2 pack I bought then & only because I use it in my hot tub maybe once a week.
My fill water ta is 110 - once I did the work to get that to 60 there is no ph rise even when I run my fountain around the clock to cool the pool in the dog days. It stays at 7.5./7.6 .
During those hot times I generally need to replenish cya more frequently so that has an effect on the ph if it has bumped up a tick.
The other part of the equation is that my pool is vinyl & I also use borates though I don’t consistently keep them in range, I dose to 50ppm at opening & let it ride. The years I didn’t dose with borates there was still no ph change.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.