Lexington, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I can't figure out how to keep my pump running. I normally set it on a schedule and it runs fine when I leave it on that schedule. I can't figure out how to get it off the schedule. I have even deleted the schedule all together and I still find it cuts itself off. Am I missing something in the setup or is there some override I don't know about?

I see you have an EasyTouch and a SuperFlo pump.. I "assume" the SuperFlo is a single speed pump, as the SuperFlo VS cannot really be controlled by an EasyTouch..

If you have a single speed pump, then the power to the pump is controlled by the Pump/Filter relay. This relay could be intermittent.

When the pump is running, the light above the Filter button should be on. When the pump shuts off, if the light is on, then the relay is most likely bad. If the light is off, when the pump should be running, then the automation is bad or has a bad program..

If you have a volt meter, you can just measure the voltage going to the pump at the load side of the pump/filter relay.. You can also use the plastic end of a screw driver and tap the relay when the pump should be running and if the pump starts back up, you will know the relay is bad.

Step one is to determine if the light is on when the pump is off.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I see you have an EasyTouch and a SuperFlo pump.. I "assume" the SuperFlo is a single speed pump, as the SuperFlo VS cannot really be controlled by an EasyTouch..

If you have a single speed pump, then the power to the pump is controlled by the Pump/Filter relay. This relay could be intermittent.

When the pump is running, the light above the Filter button should be on. When the pump shuts off, if the light is on, then the relay is most likely bad. If the light is off, when the pump should be running, then the automation is bad or has a bad program..

If you have a volt meter, you can just measure the voltage going to the pump at the load side of the pump/filter relay.. You can also use the plastic end of a screw driver and tap the relay when the pump should be running and if the pump starts back up, you will know the relay is bad.

Step one is to determine if the light is on when the pump is off.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks for the feedback, I will give that a try. It is a single speed pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.