Las Vegas, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Universal40
My build is underway and I'm trying to decide if its worth 3 or 4x the money for an LED sheer over a normal unit.

I've looked at tons of pictures online as I've never seen one in person. I'm honestly not too impressed with the pictures, as it looks more like a line of LED lights on the tile wall, rather than a lit up waterfall. Based on the pictures alone, I don't think it would be worth the money...

But, I've read a few posts and talked to some local people that really like their LED sheers and think they are awesome.

My question for people that have them is - Does the LED actually light up the water as its falling down? Or does it only light up the outlet of the sheer?

Here are two examples.....

The first picture is what I DO NOT like - the water is not lit up, just looks like a line of LEDs

149482_0_201912119120.jpg

Here's what I DO like... the water is actually lit up as its falling -
sheer2.png

I'm hoping someone with real world experience can let me know what to expect... thank you!

Reactions: Lookingglass
I admittedly know nothing about these LED sheers, but I will mention that the difference between the 2 images, is that the one you dislike appears that only the sheer is lit, while the one you do like appears that the sheer is lit, as well as a light just above the sheer, which I am sure helps to light up the water better.

Good luck with your project!

--Jeff

Jeff is correct. You are seeing a combination of lights from the pool lights traveling up the stream and a minimal amount traveling in the stream from the sheer lights. water is just like a fiber optic cable. You will mainly see it in the location it's aerating and from the strip it's self.

Reactions: Jeffsdunn
My build is underway and I'm trying to decide if its worth 3 or 4x the money for an LED sheer over a normal unit.

I've looked at tons of pictures online as I've never seen one in person. I'm honestly not too impressed with the pictures, as it looks more like a line of LED lights on the tile wall, rather than a lit up waterfall. Based on the pictures alone, I don't think it would be worth the money...

But, I've read a few posts and talked to some local people that really like their LED sheers and think they are awesome.

My question for people that have them is - Does the LED actually light up the water as its falling down? Or does it only light up the outlet of the sheer?

Here are two examples.....

The first picture is what I DO NOT like - the water is not lit up, just looks like a line of LEDs

View attachment 470917

Here's what I DO like... the water is actually lit up as its falling -
View attachment 470918

I'm hoping someone with real world experience can let me know what to expect... thank you!
Yep; we are in same boat trying to decide on 4 LED Bubblers & 3 LED sheer decents. Upgrade is almost 10K and trying to decide if its worth it? We have LED lights in pool. Need to decide by next week.

Yep; we are in same boat trying to decide on 4 LED Bubblers & 3 LED sheer decents. Upgrade is almost 10K and trying to decide if its worth it? We have LED lights in pool. Need to decide by next week.
:oops::oops::oops::oops:

I think I'd take that $10k and put it into a different part of your backyard oasis that you are creating. What happens when those LED's go out? Are they replaceable and if so what is the cost of replacement? LED pool lights are expensive enough to replace, and they don't necessarily have the best track record.

--Jeff

Reactions: proavia
I have the CMP LED waterfall like you posted in the first picture. It does not light up the water, as I expected. I think it was a waste of money, I don't really like the way it looks when the lights are on. Hayward has one coming out that is lighted from the top, inside the waterfall itself. May be something to check out if you can find one.

I have the CMP LED waterfall like you posted in the first picture. It does not light up the water, as I expected. I think it was a waste of money, I don't really like the way it looks when the lights are on. Hayward has one coming out that is lighted from the top, inside the waterfall itself. May be something to check out if you can find one.
Thank you so much... I had a feeling that might be the case but it is extremely helpful hearing from someone first hand.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.