daddyslim6

Aug 12, 2020
Dallas Ga
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Well hopefully I didn't mess anything up but I woke up this morning and was reminded of my college days when I put dawn dishwasher soap in my dishwasher. Once I started the dishwasher in my apartment, soap and bubbles were everywhere.

Well that happened to me this morning when I woke up and took a look at our pool. The last time I washed my cartridge filters they didn't come real clean with the filter cleaner so I filled the bucket up again and used dawn dishwashing soap and let them soak another day. I took them out and thought I rinsed them off real good but apparently not. They have been stored away for about 2 months now and I was using another set of filters.

Well when I woke up this morning, my freeze protection was on and the spa jets were running. Bubbles everywhere.....should I let it run its course or did I make a HUGE mistake? When the pool returns are on there are not hardly any bubbles. Hopefully I didn't mess up too bad. I am such a noob!

Thanks to you all for all your expertise and advice! Have a great day!

Hey Slim !!!

Many have come before you, so don’t feel too bad. Dish soap is also recommended at times to kill floating ants/bugs. It’s definitely been over added at times. The chlorine will get it eventually, you just may need to account for more FC loss while it does.

If feasible, rinsing the filters real good with some hose pressure may stop it from getting worse before it gets better. As will scooping out any foam that you can. And throw some tennis balls in there. They do great at sucking up surface oils/soap before it makes another cycle through the pump.

+1. Don’t worry Slim. It’s a funny story and not a ‘I broke things’ story. With no harm done, please share the funny :)

Reactions: daddyslim6
Thank you all! Wish I had pics of my college apartment kitchen full of bubbles. They were literally over the countertops! Haha

I took this pic early this morning of the bubblers in the hot tub. This was when it first started. My wife said it got a little worse but now the pool returns are on. There are a few bubbles in the pool but not too bad thank goodness.

Your input makes me feel a lot better. Thought I jacked it up big time!

Love the TPT site. You guys are awesome. Thank you!

Attachments

• 27F51F51-E642-449F-9A64-2CDEA0B0E147.jpeg
    27F51F51-E642-449F-9A64-2CDEA0B0E147.jpeg
    304.2 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: Newdude
I can attest to the apartment days and filled the cup with Dawn. Entire kitchen top to bottom was full of bubbles before I realized it. That is a mistake you only make one. Like drinking hot chocolate with a straw. Once and only once.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.