Who else is obsessed with Pool Kings?

i dont care for the pool kings guys, I think the insane pools crew is more appealing. I did see an episode where they stated teh budget was 125k so he does do some easier stuff but I doubt less than that. remember there are ppl with all kinds of money in this world and they spend it. What kills me is where I see a rundown 400k at best house and they do a 150k pool, I think to myself why wouldnt you fix up your house first and go modest on your pool

I think Insane Pools started showing down here in Australia (on Foxtel/cable) a few months ago and I can confirm I'm addicted. It's not that I love the pools that much (its amazing the different tastes that different continents prefer ;-), some are indeed nice - but I am BLOWN AWAY by the seemingly very low level of restrictions and requirements on what you can build. We'd have councils all over those designs requiring engineering reports and 6-12 month drawn out council approval processes. some of those Grottos really look like they need more reinforcement. Anyway - its great entertainment... (for the slice of people that actually like watching reno shows ;-)

And the budgets must be incredible. They truck in 50 ton of rock on semi trailers then crane in 10 massive mature palms?! that alone would cost an absolute fortune in Australia. If Lucas Lagoons budgets START at $300k (US Dollars), thats $425k Australian dollars! then i reckon add 30% for the higher cost of labour here, amazing!

Last edited:
Reactions: JodieM
Ha! I enjoy watching Woman, Old Man and the rest of the team.

I am BLOWN AWAY by the seemingly very low level of restrictions and requirements on what you can build. We'd have councils all over those designs requiring engineering reports and 6-12 month drawn out council approval processes. some of those Grottos really look like they need more reinforcement.

And the budgets must be incredible. They truck in 50 ton of rock on semi trailers then crane in 10 massive mature palms?! that alone would cost an absolute fortune in Australia. If Lucas Lagoons budgets START at $300k (US Dollars), thats $425k Australian dollars! then i reckon add 30% for the higher cost of labour here, amazing!
I know here in Vegas we have to have engineers go over the pool designs to make sure everything is designed for strength. I imagine the permit process is similar in other areas as well.
As far as putting an expensive pool on a cheap house...if you build it, there will be a buyer. We just sold our house for $540,000 and the exact same house inside the same gated neighborhood sold for $460,000 with a typical pool. Our realtor told us we wouldn't get more for our extravagant pool and if we want to hold out for a higher price then we might try for $480,000 but probably wouldn't get it. We ended up firing her and listing our house for $545,000 and accepted an offer of $540,000. The only real difference in houses was that mine had the crazy pool that we called the "Mini Bellagio" with 20 deck jets, 5 fountains, 2 sheer descents, full tiled spa, 2 Bullfrog Jetpaks, and ran through my phone from Jandy automation and three variable speed pumps and chlorine generator.

Our neighbor had a pool installed by Caviness which has been on Pool Kings. It was crazy expensive (obviously) but they did some stuff that I really question and our neighbor wasn't totally thrilled with the install. Oh, and it took them almost a YEAR to get it completed! Here is a sample of some of their projects: Caviness | Oklahoma Pool Builders

Tthese pools in these shows start as someone said at about 300K. Just like Mega Decks they are only for the Rich as who would put a 300K Pool or Deck in a 400K house???? They do have good ideas that you can incorporate (one or two) in a cheaper pool. I incorporated a table and seats that I saw in one Pool kings show in my pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.