White substance at bottom of pool and spa

Jul 28, 2018
MO
Our gunite pool was plastered and opened at the beginning of May. We religiously brushed the pool and checked chemical balance and everything looked good. Our PB put in 15 bags of salt and turned on the Intellichlor salt water chlorine generator a couple of weeks ago. Since then we have a white substance sitting in the bottom of the spa as well as some at the bottom of the pool. It does not look like plaster dust. It looks like salt. Is this normal?

Attachments

• 21B0B5B3-A781-4DD1-B8D3-40BCDF307DD8.jpeg
    21B0B5B3-A781-4DD1-B8D3-40BCDF307DD8.jpeg
    632.3 KB · Views: 21
I have to be honest, I do not even look at pool store test sheets. They are wrong way more often than not.

The scale in your pool is created in your SWCG due to your CSI (Calcium Saturation Index (CSI) - Trouble Free Pool ) being above 0.0 -- PoolMath calculates CSI for your from your test results.

You need a proper test kit. I suggest the TF100. A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.

Reactions: wireform
I have to be honest, I do not even look at pool store test sheets. They are wrong way more often than not.

The scale in your pool is created in your SWCG due to your CSI (Calcium Saturation Index (CSI) - Trouble Free Pool ) being above 0.0 -- PoolMath calculates CSI for your from your test results.

You need a proper test kit. I suggest the TF100. A proper test kit is needed to get the accurate water chemistry results needed to follow the TFP protocols.
ok, we just got our new test kit. I’m attaching the results. BTW, we have a gunite pool with waterline tile, hard water, pool heater, and SWG. 23520C13-DCCE-4C43-8A47-248A65FE4316.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.