white shave ice

whitemok

In The Industry
Jun 20, 2014
Hawaii
I dont have white flakes but i do have soft white shave ice looking floating on the bottom.
Here is my test:
water temp 88
FC 3.0
pH 8.0
TA 80
CH 250
CYA 30
SALT 3440
CSI -0.2
PHOSPHATE 200
Just backwashed.
Just cleaned cell.
From day one. It has never gone away. Every week i have to about 30 oz acid to drop the pH.
40K POOL .

CSI is .2. Not sure how you got the -.2.

Most likely from the SWCG. Elevated pH exacerbates the creating of scale in the SWCG. The pH needs to be controlled more often than once a week. Fill water TA is most likely high and that puts pressure on the pH. Or a spa spillover / waterfall is being run too much.

CYA is far too low for a SWCG pool.

Most likely from the SWCG. Elevated pH exacerbates the creating of scale in the SWCG. The pH needs to be controlled more often than once a week. Fill water TA is most likely high and that puts pressure on the pH. Or a spa spillover / waterfall is being run too much.

Yes my thinking also. I want to install a acid feeder to keep it consistent

Yes my thinking also. I want to install a acid feeder to keep it cons
Are you using one of the recommended test kits?
How are you testing the salt content?
I am using the Taylor 2005 complete test kit

You need to add the FAS-DPD test kit to make it a "Taylor 2006". The advantage of the FAS-DPD test is that it is a drop count test (like TA test) for FC and is much easier to read and more accurate than the color test. I also switched to a pH meter to replace trying to read the upper parts of the pH color test.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.