white shave ice

whitemok

In The Industry
Jun 20, 2014
Hawaii
I dont have white flakes but i do have soft white shave ice looking floating on the bottom.
Here is my test:
water temp 88
FC 3.0
pH 8.0
TA 80
CH 250
CYA 30
SALT 3440
CSI -0.2
PHOSPHATE 200
Just backwashed.
Just cleaned cell.
From day one. It has never gone away. Every week i have to about 30 oz acid to drop the pH.
40K POOL .

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
CSI is .2. Not sure how you got the -.2.

Most likely from the SWCG. Elevated pH exacerbates the creating of scale in the SWCG. The pH needs to be controlled more often than once a week. Fill water TA is most likely high and that puts pressure on the pH. Or a spa spillover / waterfall is being run too much.

CYA is far too low for a SWCG pool.

proavia

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Feb 6, 2015
Chandler AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Are you using one of the recommended test kits?
How are you testing the salt content?

Reactions: whitemok

whitemok

In The Industry
Jun 20, 2014
Hawaii

Most likely from the SWCG. Elevated pH exacerbates the creating of scale in the SWCG. The pH needs to be controlled more often than once a week. Fill water TA is most likely high and that puts pressure on the pH. Or a spa spillover / waterfall is being run too much.

Yes my thinking also. I want to install a acid feeder to keep it consistent

whitemok

In The Industry
Jun 20, 2014
Hawaii

Yes my thinking also. I want to install a acid feeder to keep it cons
Are you using one of the recommended test kits?
How are you testing the salt content?
I am using the Taylor 2005 complete test kit

red-beard

Gold Supporter
May 27, 2019
Houston, TX
You need to add the FAS-DPD test kit to make it a "Taylor 2006". The advantage of the FAS-DPD test is that it is a drop count test (like TA test) for FC and is much easier to read and more accurate than the color test. I also switched to a pH meter to replace trying to read the upper parts of the pH color test.