Orlando, Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
For the past few weeks I’ve noticed some white scaling on my tile and on the stair railing. Any ideas of what it might be or how I can get rid of it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    677.6 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    488.3 KB · Views: 12
Most likely some light calcium scale. You are not saving your test results in your app so I could not see them. Can you post them?

Sure thing!
FC 6.5
CC 0.5
PH 7.8
CH 350
TA 80
CYA 80

Calcium was super high back in early June (475) but we have been draining the pool regularly due to rain.

I noticed some threads mentioned an acid test. I’ll scrape some off and drop some acid on it to see if it fizzes.

Most likely from evaporation at the water line. I get mostly salt but that dissolves right off. Your CSI is slightly positive.

Adding a few drops of acid to the scaling caused it to fizz. I see I can use acid or vinegar to clean this off with a brush. If I use white distilled vinegar to clean this off, will that mess with my water chemistry?

Shouldn't. Might smell like a jar of pickles for awhile!!
I use diluted muriatic acid. 4 parts water to 1 part MA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.