Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Hey all,
I started noticing white flakes from my returns. Last week, I uncovered my pool and there was some algae, I checked my omnilogic thing and it said check salt cell.
Salt was super low, PH was sky high, everything else was out of whack.
Got everything readjusted, filled the cell with MA for about an hour. CH has also been adjusted since the last test.
Also - the big jump in TA may or may not be because I mistook baking soda for calcium chloride :rolleyes:

It's been about 5 days and I'm still getting flakes. Is that just residual calcium in the system? Or is this insane heat in North Texas just making everything more difficult to maintain? 1657828882829.png

With that TA you will get scale flakes. Work the TA down to 100 or less and they should reduce.

With that TA you will get scale flakes. Work the TA down to 100 or less and they should reduce.
thanks, I haven't tested yet but I did dump a gallon of MA and aerated up as suggested by the app. I will have to retest today after work

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.