White flakes in pool

Mattrauh

Jul 16, 2019
Illinois
This was my pool last night tons of white like flakes floating. Sunday the pool started getting cloudy by the end of the day it was noticeably worse. I have used clarifier and flock took it to the bottom but when i thried to vacuum they just disperse every where again. When they settle there just a white cloud on the bottom. Changed the filter today and added algecide. Neither pool store can seem to tell me what is any insight would be greatly appreciated. All pool levels were good except phosphates were a little high

Welcome to TFP.

We rarely recommend the use of clarifier, floc, or algaecide. At this point you have quite a chemical stew to sort out.

A few things we need from you to help you sort this out is:

- details of your pool. Preferably in your signature. List of equipment and the way you chlorinate your pool. We especially need to know what type of filter you have? Do you have an MPV? Can yiu vacuum to WASTE?
- get a good test kit. Either the Tf-100 Test Kits or the Taylor K-2006C. Pool store tests have proved to be inaccurate and we rely on pool owner testing only. Also the
Speedstir Magnetic Stirrer will make testing easier and more accurate.
-start reading ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and What is TFPC? - Trouble Free Pool and learn about TFPC methods
- once you get a test kit post your test results
- consider downloading PoolMath. It will help you keep track of your testing and chemical additions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.