White buildup on SWG plates

The key from my experience is keeping the pool water aggressive enough (negative CSI) so that the scale deposit is soft enough to not accumulate on the plates. The reversed polarity feature of the cell will sluff off the soft buildup on the plates but the harder scale will not and eventually results in a low Amp (false low salt) shut down. I clean without acid and only use long zip ties and a water jet. My cell has many plates very close together so its tedious but only takes 45 minutes total. Frequent fill water high in TA requires a close eye on pH and TA. Filling your pool mid summer with high TA source water is your issue. Once your pool TA is down to 50-60 ppm you can counter the fill water additions by anticipating acid demand at peak evaporation months and minimize the cell maintenance needed.
Thanks. I know in the past years, my TA was at 80 and I had no issues with build up. So, I’ll be ecstatic when I hit 80, but will shoot for a little lower because at 80 I never had scale, but did fight pH drift all summer. It’s just taking me a while to get to the numbers I want and I’m getting very impatient!

Ok, that’s what I will do and then test the stuff that breaks off to see if it fizzes. Thanks
It will...but it's fun so do it anyways.
thanks. The biggest part of the build up is on the ends where it connects to the cap and not the plates.
Funny, that's where I got the most scale on mine.

Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.