Which vari-speed pump

Engraver1

Oct 13, 2019
UK
My Astralpool Victoria Plus pump has started tripping the control panel fuse, my pool is over twenty years old and this is my third pump, they all seem to do this after a few years, I can't find a reason for this so I'm thinking this time of buying a vari-speed pump, but I don't want to break the bank so any suggestions please/ I'm in the UK.

I think few of us here are familiar with what products you can get in the UK.

I think it would be more helpful if you found some possibilities and posted links to the specifications and we can comment on suitability.

What control system do you use?

UK and USA power are not compatible. Uk-50hz. USA-60hz. You will need to obtain one for your market. Try here:

I can’t help with vari speed pump recommendations I’m afraid as I have a single speed one - a sta-rite I think which has been reliable to date.

I’ve no idea why it is tripping but have you tried troubleshooting e.g.

taking it apart after tripping - is there water leaking into the motor area. If so, is that happening because the water quality is poor and causing the seal to fail prematurely.

Alternatively Is the pump overheating perhaps due to lack of water - do you get any bubbles in your filter basket?

Finally, Definitely the pump and not a SWCG, heater or other connection point getting wet perhaps?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.