Which SWG Should I Use

Jul 21, 2013
Philly
@Jimrahbe you seem knowledgeable on this so may i ask for your opinion as well?... on so i have all pentair equipment as well. Again not married to it lol. But i have a variable speed pentair pump. Everything is run off an outdoor pool panel. I use the timer built into the pump itself to comtrol run time of the pump. So what do you suggest i buy as i am considering to make the switch over to swg? Do i just need a swg and power it from the electric panel i alreasy have? Or did you mention a cable from the pump? I can post a picture later on.

My answer really depends on what you are calling your "Outdoor pool panel"... If you have an automation system such as an EasyTouch or IntelliTouch, you then should go with the matching Pentair SWCG system... This is because the automation works best if it can "talk" to the cell over a serial communications cable.. If you have automation, it is unlikely that it came with a salt system already installed or you would know about it.

If you do not have an automation system, then you can install any salt system you want. If I did not have Pentair automation, I would install a Circupool system.. With a 23K pool the smallest you could go would be a 40K system.

Salt systems generally have two major components.. A power supply/control system, which is normally mounted on a wall near the equipment pad, and a salt cell, that is installed into the equipment pad plumbing.

Thanks,

Jim R.

That is correct i do not have an automation system. Basically just an outdoor electric panel. I will post a pic just for reference when i get home. And i would look into the circupool you speak of. Is that the most common amongst this forum? Or just your sole opinion?

Most members that have a SWCG installed during their pool build have one of the "big 3"... SWCG's... Hayward, Jandy, or Pentair.. Those major companies require that a professional install the system in order to get a long term warranty... A lot of our members that have DIY installs have used the CircuPool systems as they have a full warranty, no matter who installs it.

A lot of other members have Hayward "clone" systems often sold by pool stores.. Hayward probably has the most SWCG systems in service.

Here is a link that shows some comparisons.. Compare and Review Saltwater Chlorine Generator Prices and Features

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.