Which SWG Should I Switch To?

Good morning. Hoping you all are healthy and I need your advise please.

I have an 18,000 gallon pool that uses a Jandy PLC1400 SWG. The thing needs to be replace every 2 years or so due to code 120 or 121 appearing on the Jandy control panel. Cell is clean of calcium but still errors out.
I'm thinking of switching to another SWG brand along with a new control panel. Are the Pentair SWG's any better? Any other recommendations for a SWG system besides Jandy? I really don't want to lay out 500 bucks every few years for a new SWG.

Or is this just what I have to live with using a SWG?

Suggestions for better alternatives please? Thanks people and have a good summer!

Dave (US Navy Retired)

Thank you for your service :salut:

Pentair is great if you have Pentair automation...otherwise, not the best value as DIY installs cut down the warranty to next to nothing. Circupool seems to be the go to SWG right now. There are a few options for a pool of your size. Make sure you get a SWG rated for 2X the volume of your pool.

Try searching TFP for Circupool and review a few recent threads.

Something is just not right... I have three saltwater pools and just lost a cell a couple of months ago and it was 7 years old.. I have another one that is still going after 10 years... Two years years just does not sound right no matter what brand of cell. :scratch:

I have Pentair equipment, but would not use a Pentair salt cell without a Pentair automation system.. I also recommend the CircuPool systems but I would not install one without trying to understand why yours are not lasting very long..

Tell us what specific size cell you have been using.

What output percentage do you normally run?

How long do you run the cell each day?

What CYA level do you normally run?

As a side note... I retired about the same time as the Wright Brothers, and can truthfully say that it was a lot more fun, than it was service. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.