Schaumburg, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-25
After 4 years and numerous repairs (guide wheels and axles 2-3x per season, motor once or twice), our Aquabot Breeze XLS is finally dead dead. So I'm looking for a replacement, and I want something a lot better. I'm about halfway through the giant S200 owners thread post, but most of those folks have IG pools, and I'm not sure if those experiences are directly relatable to an AG pool. Mine is a 16x28 oval, roughly 11k gallons.

In terms of my criteria, I want a quality bot that will last a long time and do a good job of cleaning. I don't mind paying more if there will be tangible benefit, but obviously don't want to waste money buying more robot than would be beneficial for my use case.

Edited to add: Currently leaning towards either Doheny's Discovery or Saturn.

Last edited:
I love my Dolphin S100! I've never had to scrub my walls cause it does it for me! It's in it's third season and seems to be going strong. I leave it pool side (under an umbrella for the most part) and bring it in doing the winter. The control thingy stays inside always unless in use.

I have a dolphin S50. Works great in my oval AGP. I do believe they have some other models in their AGP line up that are pretty much the same thing, just different colors. I purchased mine from certified dolphins.com which is a sight that sells all refurbished cleaners at about half price. When I received mine (about two years ago) it arrived vert quickly and looked and worked as if it was brand new. Last year
I purchased another for a friend from the same site, and unfortunately it had some broken pieces and did not work. I con5acted the company though and had no problem shipping it back to them (at their expense) and receiving a perfect looking and working replacement.

I love, love, love my robot Lil' Kim! Here is my write up on her. She is busy right now in my pool!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.