Which product should I get??

awands

Jun 16, 2017
Midway, KY
I am looking for an automatic cleaner that will scrub walls, floors, and water lines for my in-ground pool. Wanted to get it for my husband for Father's Day. I'm so confused on best type. I only wanted to spend around 700-800 dollars but my local pool store wants to sell me a Dolphin Active 30 for $1,000. Is this a good buy? Is the Dophin Premium or Oasis Z5 better?? Pool has a vinyl liner. Will it cause any damage to the liner??

Thanks for any insight!!!

You are better off with the active 30 for a vinyl liner. Don't get the Oasis or Premium, the suction is too strong. Also, you can get the Active 30i, top of the line in that series from Home | Marina Pool Spa & Patio Last i check (which was last week) they were selling it for $899, free shipping, no tax. You can't order it on their website though. You have to call them to order and they will ship it to you. (because that unit can not be sold on internet)

They are a major retailer for Dolphin as well as a repair facility. With the 30i, you get better bluetooth and a better warranty. The warranty is 2 years including wearables (tracks and filters)

Yes Marina will honor the warranty. You must call to order. If you don't need a cart or any Bluetooth features the A20 for $659 is a good deal , very good vac and in your budget.

Yes. They are a major dealer for maytronics and a repair facility. A lot of people on this forum buy from them and they have been able to register the warranty. You are not buying it on the internet from them, you are placing a phone order. I would get either the a20 or if you want the extra bells and whistles, and a cart, you can get the top of the line one (a30i) with the better warranty for $899.

You are better off with the active 30 for a vinyl liner. Don't get the Oasis or Premium, the suction is too strong. Also, you can get the Active 30i, top of the line in that series from Home | Marina Pool Spa & Patio Last i check (which was last week) they were selling it for $899, free shipping, no tax. You can't order it on their website though. You have to call them to order and they will ship it to you. (because that unit can not be sold on internet)

They are a major retailer for Dolphin as well as a repair facility. With the 30i, you get better bluetooth and a better warranty. The warranty is 2 years including wearables (tracks and filters)

What's wrong with having a strong suction with a vinyl liner? I'd rather have a cleaner with stronger suction. I have a 16x32 IG vinyl liner pool. I currently have the M400 and I haven't had any issues with its suction power. I've also used other robotic cleaners that have a strong suction without any issues.

I do have a couple of ripples as well. Will the Active 30i still be okay? The Bluetooth allows you to control the destination of the Dolphin, correct? And I am hearing the need to get a cart for storage so I'm thinking this may be the one I need.. planning to call tomorrow...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.