Which one first

I didn't swim while adding my stabilizer. How exactly are you going to add it? and when you say "any reason I should not do both at same time", what other chemical are you adding. What exactly are your numbers (FC, CC, CYA, TA, pH, CH). What kind of test kit do you have? Nevertheless, when I added my stabilizer to increase my CYA, I did not swim while doing so. I actually added the stabilizer to a sock (near the return jet), and massaged the sock until the stabilizer was completely dissolved. It took about 30min to 1hour for it to dissolve. Then I let the pump run for another 30 minutes before taking another reading. I got my CYA to 40 and then began to swim.

I didn't swim while adding my stabilizer. How exactly are you going to add it? and when you say "any reason I should not do both at same time", what other chemical are you adding. What exactly are your numbers (FC, CC, CYA, TA, pH, CH). What kind of test kit do you have? Nevertheless, when I added my stabilizer to increase my CYA, I did not swim while doing so. I actually added the stabilizer to a sock (near the return jet), and massaged the sock until the stabilizer was completely dissolved. It took about 30min to 1hour for it to dissolve. Then I let the pump run for another 30 minutes before taking another reading. I got my CYA to 40 and then began to swim.
I am using the sock method, and I no longer use the mineral kit. My numbers are pretty good but in the east we got tons of rain recently and I think that is what brought my hardness down so much.

Fc-3
Cc-0
Ca-150
Ph- 7.6
Cya-20
Ta-80

Thanks

Can you add what your pool surface is to your Signature?
It really helps us if you put more detail into your Signature. Read Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

If you have a plaster/gunite pool, then you need calcium.

Ok, guess I need to log in on the computer to do that. Tapatalk won’t let me update the signature page. It is a plaster pool.

Looks good, with just a few changes.

With a CYA of 20, you may want to bring that up to a 30. Check out this link FC/CYA to see where you need to maintain your FC level at a CYA of 30. The range of CYA is 30-50. Please look at this link for more information Recommended Chemical Levels .

I am using the sock method, and I no longer use the mineral kit. My numbers are pretty good but in the east we got tons of rain recently and I think that is what brought my hardness down so much.

Fc-3
Cc-0
Ca-150
Ph- 7.6
Cya-20
Ta-80

Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You can use the triclor portion of the mineral system and/or puck floater to add FC and cya at the same time.

If you get enough rain like it sounds you can monitor your cya and use triclor and if/when you hit 50-60 cya you use bleach till it falls to 30 cya. Just remember that bleach does nothing to pH while triclor lowers pH and ta

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.