Whew finally got numbers but not sure what to do next they are:

May 14, 2019
Bethlehem
Ok finally got my tests results and they’re for my gunite pool that holds 28000 gallons. How much bleach or whatever I need to slam? It’s cloudy and starting to turn green again.....I have chlorinated tabs in the filters but isn’t doing any good.
Fc-0
Ph7.2
Ta-100
Ch-525
Cya-30

Just to confirm ... are those your own test results? Can you tell us which kit please?

As for the numbers, pH is SLAM-ready. With a CYA of 30, increase your FC to "12" as noted on the FC/CYA Levels. Use our PoolMath tool to figure out how much of any chemical to add, and make sure to review the SLAM Process page often to ensure you are following all the tips for success. Good luck!

Ok I just retested and still could not get a chlorine reading so I assume it’s 0 and these are my new numbers and I am only hoping I know what I am doing here because I was reading the threads and saw someone else mention cya is a guess because my test tube only went to 30 and I overfilled before I could not see the black dot and now my ch is 600! I had put some clarifier in this afternoon to try to clear up the cloudiness and not sure if that would cause that to change. Here’s a pic of what I used. Here’s my new numbers:
Tc-0
Ph-7.2
Ta-125
Ch-600
Cya-below30
Also I read about slamming and wasn’t sure if the chlorine/cya ratio was “12” was gallons and whether it mattered the strength. I am using6% bleach. And I will take tabs out if you think I am ready to slam with new number or should I add Cyanuric acid first??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 9
Please fill out your signature with your pool info and what test kit you are using so we can better assist you.

Read the SLAM article - SLAM Process

If you CYA is 30, you need to increase and maintain the chlorine level at 12 ppm. Use PoolMath to determine how much chlorine to add to get to 12 ppm.

I got the refill for my aged k2005 kit but obviously got K2006C and I got reagents that differed from my original kit for the chlorine test. The forum suggests I now have upgraded it to the K2006C but the reagents are labeled r-0871 which I assumed was reagent #1 and r-0870 dpd powder which I used a pinch of as reagent #2 and then the #3 so I am not sure I am doing the chlorine test right.

Up your CYA by 10 ppm at a time until you get around 30 ppm. 10 ppm is 37oz of stabilizer in a 28,000 gallon pool.

Also I read about slamming and wasn’t sure if the chlorine/cya ratio was “12” was gallons and whether it mattered the strength.

Can you point to where you read that?

I read that on the chlorine/cya chat for non-SWCG pools where it says cya 30 minimum-2, target-4-6,shock-12. I assumed that means if my cya level is 30 now I needed to add 12 gallons of shock? Is that 12 gallons of chlorine? Not sure what all of that means.

I read that on the chlorine/cya chat for non-SWCG pools where it says cya 30 minimum-2, target-4-6,shock-12. I assumed that means if my cya level is 30 now I needed to add 12 gallons of shock? Is that 12 gallons of chlorine? Not sure what all of that means.

Those values are ppm of CL in your water, not gallons of CL.

You use PoolMath to calculate how much CL of what % you have will raise your number of gallons of water FC to 12 ppm.

For a 28,000 gallon pool it will take 430 oz of 10% chlorine to go from 0 to 12 ppm. Or 698 oz of 6% chlorine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.