Where’d the leaf go?

Auburn02

Oct 8, 2019
Mobile, AL
Just pulled the skimmer basket and after dumping it I walked back over just in time to watch a leaf enter the opening and get slurped right down the skimmer drain. No big deal I thought, I’ll get it out of the pump basket in a sec...only it isn’t there yet, I don’t think. There are some small sections of leaves in the basket so I’m hopeful it just got broken up on the way or when it got to the pump basket but is there any concern or typical choke points if leaves are able to sneak past the skimmer basket? Or am I overthinking it (as usual)?

Overthinking. I can sometimes barely pickup up a dried leaf without it crumbling. It disintegrated into chips on its way through the two baskets. The rest of it is in your filter.

Even if it did get stuck somehow, somewhere, chlorine will eventually break it down.

Reactions: Auburn02
Leaves can get caught in the 90 degree elbows, especially the big sturdy leaves.
Assume even in these cases it’s not a big concern, they’ll just break down over time and make their way through? Obviously if you let a whole clump go down the skimmer pipe at once that could cause some trouble, but a stray leaf here and there will just work itself out.

Reactions: Dirk
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.