Where to Tap for Stenner Chlorine Pump

johnmastraci

Aug 1, 2020
Midwest
Hi
I much prefer liquid chlorine. I bought a stenner Econ T. I have a variable speed pump that runs 24/7. The pool builders already tapped the lines twice…One on the auction side, in on the return side. I use these to blow out my lines during closing.

I plan on using 12% sodium hypo. I shouldn’t put it into the suction side because it can damage my equipment?

The tap on my return side is in line with my tanning ledge “fountain” which is just a small pvc return. I don’t have this valve open most of the time, but if I do and run the chlorine line there, it might hit my auto cover and bleach it. If I keep that valve closed, because of the plumbing, will the chlorine find its way into the other returns?

Or should I just tap somewhere else?

Thanks!

See pic

Attachments

• CB31A9AE-1CCC-4577-BA77-1BD7B5A88587.jpeg
    CB31A9AE-1CCC-4577-BA77-1BD7B5A88587.jpeg
    544.4 KB · Views: 19
It is best to put it downstream of the heater, so anywhere around the puck chlorinator dispenser or further downstream into one of those short straight pieces.
Not everything is marked but assume the pipe to far left is main return to pool

When I first installed my Stenner, I removed my puck feeder and used that tee with some added fittings. The puck feeder is threaded into that tee. Mine also had a set screw so watch out for that if you try to unscrew the body.

The pipe on the far left that is already tapped is a return “fountain” or bubbler that comes out on the tanning ledge.
So the pipe 4th from the left is your main pool return? Pipes 2 & 3 from the left are marked as turbo skim and not exactly sure what that leads to.

The two pipes on the far right are suction side. The third pipe from the right is the main return line, floor jet. The next two are return jet going through the skimmer boxes. These are turbojet. The last one on the far left is a small return in the floor of the tanning deck that creates a little fountain or bubbler.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.