Where to source a 1.5" slip inside fitting for Pentair Microbrites?

mnmpizza

Gold Supporter
Dec 9, 2020
New Orleans
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Folks, since the pool is 95% complete [totally usable]; and much of my automation is on back-order; I'm trying to wrap up a few items: My 6x MicroBrites are mounted and working fine. However, the mounting is not ideal; as my PB was used to Hayward products and didn't plan properly to install the MicroBrites. What I currently have is a MicroBrite intalled into a 1.5" PVC - that is not threaded. So, in effect, the MB is just "pulled tight" against the opening. I'm looking to source a product that will "Slip into the inside of my 1.5" pvc" and be "threaded with a flange" so that I can screw the MB's into the fitting.

I purchased something very close; however it has an 2" slip fitting - and therefore is too big to fit into my 1.5" pvc...

I've attached some pictures of exactly what I need [I don't need the screw-in return]. Hoping someone knows where I can get these [x6] stateside! See pics:
Slip.Fitting.2.jpg

Last edited:
Call inyopools. When they didn't have the filter I wanted, they fired off 2 competitors who might. (Recsupply and polytechpools) Seriously, WHO does that? They easily could have tried to sell me one of the many compairable filters they did have, but thier immediate thought was customer service and not the bottom line.

The fact that such an honest company would suggest the other two gave them instant cred too.

Reactions: mnmpizza
I tried Inyo, no luck... I'm thinking there has to be a work-around for this... Just need to be able to install a Microbrite light where I have an 1.5" PVC flush with the edge of my plaster... I realize I can:

1. Lower the pool water below the lights
2. Get someone to carefully chisel out the plaster around the existing PVC - maybe 1/2" around the pvc - [x6 Lights]
3. Install a standard 1.5" slip over the outside return
4. Install lights - and screw them in place
5. Refill Pool

Just wishing there was a solution which would simply "plug-n-play..." Anyone?? Thanks, Shannon

Check out these fittings... Gunite Fittings - CMP

I think you want to look at the 1.5" Insider wall fitting. It looks like this should slip inside the 1.5" PVC and give you the threads you need to hold the Microbrite in. Might call CMP and verify.

--Jeff

There’s no good solution short of draining the water below the lights; chipping away some plaster; placing 1.5” slip on pool return; replaster; refill…

ETA next week

So, my PB's "helper" cut off some of my Microbrite Threaded Adaptors, and was hoping someone on this forum may point me to a source for them? Retail / Distributor / Installer / ??

My PB has been MIA for a few months, and I'm getting tired of waiting for him to "come through" with these items... I'm needing 4 of these... I have 8 lights, and 4 of them are fine... Thanks! Shannon

MicroBrite.Adaptor.png

This has been fixed by chipping out a small section of my plaster; reinstalling the correct Return; and replastering...

Now, I just need 4 more of these little boogers [Threaded Microbrite Light Adaptor], as my PB's assistant cut them off a few months ago... And, now PB is MIA... Anyone have any advice as to where I could source these? I've messaged Inyo Pools... Thanks, Shannon
MicroBrite.Adaptor.png

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.