Where to get a pump connection slip fitting?

D.sebens

Jun 16, 2021
White Heath Illinois
This is an easy question, I think, my pump is set up for flexible hose and has barb’s. The outside is set for threaded flange connection as another possibility. Where do I buy those flanges and do they have a special name or is it a standard plumbing flange connection? Is there a gasket that goes between them? I would like to convert it to hard pipe to make a suction vacuum port.

This is my pump. So on the intake at the strainer I would need that to convert to slip and still be serviceable? So is that a pool part or could it be purchased in the plumbing department? I haven’t really seen a fitting like that.
If I wanted to do the discharge side of the pump it has internal and external threads and a flat face. What would I purchase to use the outside threads? Also this is for pool only no spa.

Next question. I want to plumb a external dedicated suction vac port. That way I can still skim a little and let the vac go. What would be the best way for valving? Initially I was thinking pvc plumbing valves but the 1.5” is like a 1 inch ball inside. If I went with the giant 2 inch valves they are closer. That would require two valves. The reviews online of the valves sounds like the ball will freeze up and break when you try to turn it.
So what’s the consensus? Should I use a pool 2 way diverter or two valves? I don’t want to sound like a cheap A but two pool shut off valves are quite a bit more dollars.
Thanks in advance!

The ball valves will last a couple years and then the ears will break and then within a year they will not move and need to be replaced..

Jandy neverlube valves a more expensive.. but they work.. mine have been going 9 years and if they ever start leaking or not working I can buy a rebuild kit and be back to new in about 10 minutes... :)

They both work and it comes down to money, in 10 years they will both cost the same amount of money...

Mine has been fine for 9 years.. I have my suction cleaner and skimmer on it.. I did 50 / 50 sometimes changed it to the skimmer or vacuum 80 /20.. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.