Where to connect the Stenner line in this maze?

If you use the tablet chlorinator it will eventually destroy the heater heat exchanger, especially if you don’t have a check valve between the chlorinator and the heater.

The Stenner tank for chlorine or acid?

If you use the tablet chlorinator it will eventually destroy the heater heat exchanger, especially if you don’t have a check valve between the chlorinator and the heater.

The Stenner tank for chlorine or acid?
Thank you for responding. The Stenner tank will be for liquid chlorine. So you are saying if I use the tablet chlorinator, where it's located in my pool equipment, it will destroy my heater? I have read many have used the the tablet feeder as a liquid chlorinator rather then using the pucks.

Thank you

Last edited:
The Stenner tank will be for liquid chlorine.

Remove the tablet feeder and connect the Stenner tank feed at that point,

Put a check valve after the heater output so the chlorine cannot backflow into the heater.

From page 12 in https://www.pentair.com/content/dam...stertemp/Manual-MasterTemp-472592-English.pdf

1653682408471.png

So you are saying if I use the tablet chlorinator, where it's located in my pool equipment, it will destroy my heater?

Yes, trichlor tablets contain acid. When the pump is off you will get very acidic water around the chlorinator that will backflow into the heater copper heat exchanger and corrode it over time.

I have read many have used the the tablet feeder as a liquid chlorinator rather then using the pucks.

I have never read that and don't know how it can be used that way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.