Liberty Hill, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
I have been dosing LC for about a year and would to try to automate the process. Have been researching threads here and a Stenner pump sounds like a good option. I typically use about 4 gal per week of LC at most during peak summer.

I was looking at a Stenner 45MFL1 which is their classic fixed pump (3 gpd at 25 psi) with 7.5 gallon tank.

I have had a hard time finding someone to buy it from. I live in the Austin area and 4 of the 5 places (Stenner emailed me local vendors) I called will not sell to residential owner. The 5th place quoted me $900 for pump, 7.5 gal UV resistant tank and tubing. Sounds expensive to me.

For those that have gone this route, does that sound like an appropriate price and if not can someone recommend a vendor that i can contact and have it shipped.

Thanks
John

Attachments

• IMG_1479.png
    IMG_1479.png
    574.9 KB · Views: 14
I have been dosing LC for about a year and would to try to automate the process. Have been researching threads here and a Stenner pump sounds like a good option. I typically use about 4 gal per week of LC at most during peak summer.

I was looking at a Stenner 45MFL1 which is their classic fixed pump (3 gpd at 25 psi) with 7.5 gallon tank.

I have had a hard time finding someone to buy it from. I live in the Austin area and 4 of the 5 places (Stenner emailed me local vendors) I called will not sell to residential owner. The 5th place quoted me $900 for pump, 7.5 gal UV resistant tank and tubing. Sounds expensive to me.

For those that have gone this route, does that sound like an appropriate price and if not can someone recommend a vendor that i can contact and have it shipped.

Thanks
John
This is What and Where I purchased my tank...

This is why I love this site. Almost half the price of what I was quoted locally. Thank you! On a somewhat related front - I was reading a previous thread on stenner pumps where you (poolstored) talked about going from LC to Steher pump to SWG.

I would love to go to a SWG system but was discouraged by a pool maintenance company that did my post build pool inspection because we have stainless steel scuppers. i think they are somewhat lesser quality SS as they are starting to show some mild corrosion after a year. Thoughts on trying to do SWG and having stainless steel in the pool?

Attachments

• IMG_2448.jpeg
    IMG_2448.jpeg
    659.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2447.jpeg
    IMG_2447.jpeg
    688.9 KB · Views: 8
This is why I love this site. Almost half the price of what I was quoted locally. Thank you! On a somewhat related front - I was reading a previous thread on stenner pumps where you (poolstored) talked about going from LC to Steher pump to SWG.

I would love to go to a SWG system but was discouraged by a pool maintenance company that did my post build pool inspection because we have stainless steel scuppers. i think they are somewhat lesser quality SS as they are starting to show some mild corrosion after a year. Thoughts on trying to do SWG and having stainless steel in the pool?
I know this...when I converted from LC to SWCG, I tested the salt in my pool. The water was 1 year old (I had a new liner put in the previous year). My Salt content was 1200 after one year of liquid chlorine. Every gallon of 10% chlorine adds 9.1 ppm of salt to your pool. (Pool Math-effects of adding)

A chlorine pool is a salt pool and a salt pool is a chlorine pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.