where get deep socket couplers and elbows

janosik81

Jun 9, 2014
new york
hello!!
rebuilding my pool and ... was reading before that all pvc pipes should be connected by longer couplers and 90deg, 45 deg elbows. where can i get them ... home depot seems only has drain/waste pipes stuff not for pools ..

pooldv

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 10, 2012
FL panhandle
Lowes has DWV pipe fittings in a section and sch 40 pipe fittings in a separate, smaller section. What you want are sch 40 fittings.

jblizzle

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Agreed, you just should use schedule 40, which is typically not the dwv.

I am sure home depot has the correct fittings

janosik81

Jun 9, 2014
new york
thank you ,i got it schedule 40,
but pvc pipes from home depot regular ones 2" are ok??

i guess i have some left regular clear glue for pvc pipes and primer is that ok or should i get some special glue for pressured pool water flow

jblizzle

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2010
Tucson, AZ
Regular schedule 40 PVC is correct. If the primer and solvent is for PVC and is not jelly-ed , it should be fine too.

scooperhsd

May 10, 2009
Youngsville NC
Typical pipe sizes are 1.5 to 2, maybe 3 inches. Older pools usually have 1.5 inch, newer one seem to be built with 2 inch or larger. Just get the same size fittings for the pipes you have. Yes Schedule 40 (maybe schedule 80 going in / out of a heater). I like using the purple primer myself - easy to tell where it has been applied - and I use almost any kind of approved PVC solvent. Do give it time to set (30 minutes or so) before pumping water through it if you can.

Other Threads of Interest