Las Vegas, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
Two years ago we had our pool completely redone and it’s been great since. However, about a month ago I started noticing that I was losing water at a pretty good clip. I did the bucket test and there is def a leak somewhere. Losing between a half inch and an inch per day. I have a closed system and everything around the pool equipment is 100% bone dry. I got some dye and tested around the usual suspects (the two light housings) but didn’t seem to detect there. Also, nothing I could see at the bottom of the skimmer basket. Where else should I check? I’m willing to call a leak detection company but only after I’ve exhausted all the things I can do.

Two years ago we had our pool completely redone and it’s been great since. However, about a month ago I started noticing that I was losing water at a pretty good clip. I did the bucket test and there is def a leak somewhere. Losing between a half inch and an inch per day. I have a closed system and everything around the pool equipment is 100% bone dry. I got some dye and tested around the usual suspects (the two light housings) but didn’t seem to detect there. Also, nothing I could see at the bottom of the skimmer basket. Where else should I check? I’m willing to call a leak detection company but only after I’ve exhausted all the things I can do.
If you can, start isolating the plumbing lines. Put plugs in the returns and leave the system off, obviously. No change, put a plug in the skimmer line to the pump. No change, likely the maindrain line.

If you can, start isolating the plumbing lines. Put plugs in the returns and leave the system off, obviously. No change, put a plug in the skimmer line to the pump. No change, likely the maindrain line.
Forgive my ignorance….so the 10 or so jets I have around the pool, I should plug those up? Where would I purchase those plugs? Are the rubber or screw in?

Forgive my ignorance….so the 10 or so jets I have around the pool, I should plug those up? Where would I purchase those plugs? Are the rubber or screw in?
Would need to see a picture of the return fitting. Do they unscrew? If so, the pipe is probably a 1.5" female adapter. These can be used:

If the port isn't threaded, then these: