Houston, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Not sure It f this is the right place for this.
I recently installed a small equipment side shed to store chemicals and pool related equipment. Currently it has some in liquid chlorine and some ph up alkalinity up and chlorine neutralizer in it. I plan on putting salt in there too in the near future. I woul lime to put my acid in this shed as well but have been told its bad idea. Is it?

I also moved my test kit in the house to keep it temperature and humidity controlled.

Where do you store you chemicals?

I have a small (20 gallon) plastic trash can with lid that I put my acid jugs in, outside. I do not have children and if you do, you should consider something with a latch or other item to keep them out of it. But acid should be stored outside, on its own. Do not put it near any form of chlorine. Also any metal, as it will corrode it.

What you have in the shed now is fine. Just do not put the acid in there.

Do not store chlorine, especially liquid chlorine, and acid in the same location. If they mix they can create mustard gas which can be deadly.

Acid gets stored outside in a plastic bin and make it safe from children.

Liquid chlorine should be stored in a cool place. My LC and salt is in a corner of my garage.

That's all the pool chemicals I need.

Also, you will not need alkalinity up (baking soda) or chlorine neutralizer, ever.

It gets hot in TX. I would keep the chlorine/bleach in a cool/dry place like a laundry room. The Alk Up (baking soda) indoors as well. Keep the acid outside in a separate container as Marty noted away from everything else and anything metal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.