Where do you put the power supply for your robot?

Nikilyn

Bronze Supporter
Sep 3, 2018
Gilbert, AZ
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
When you’re robot is in use, and in between uses, what do you do with the power box? We have an outlet on the fence at one end of the pool and we’ve just been setting it on a rock but I don’t like it. Plus, if we don’t take it in every time we use it then it’s just sitting out. I’ve been thinking of having my husband build something to put it in but not sure exactly what. I need some ideas 💡.

If I had stairs that would be a great place to hide it. I’m glad to hear that yours gets rained on. I left ours out during a storm and was worried it would be ruined. It wasn’t, obviously, but I didn’t know if I needed to be more careful. I figured it should be pretty waterproof since it’s made for a pool but wasn’t 100%.

N,

I have a couple of robots.. The power supply for the one at my house is mounted to a wall of the house.. It is under part of the roof and does not get wet.. At least not soaking wet.

The one I have at a rent house is mounted to a fence, but inside a little "dog-house-like" box that keeps it off the ground and out of the rain.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Nikilyn
Ours is mounted on a stair post out in the open. Stays there all 9 months of the swim season. No issues in a couple of years.

Reactions: Nikilyn
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.