Where do you buy your pool filter hose?


LifeTime Supporter
May 6, 2008
Argyle, WI
Hey everyone, trying to get this pool that came with the new house squared away so I can use it later this summer. Looks like I need all new hose. I have a 24' AG pool. I need the hose from the skimmer to the pump, from the pump to the filter and the filter to the inlet/outlet whatever you call it. Looks like all the connections have both 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" fittings, but I would just like to get all 1 1/2" hose.

Can you please give me some recommendations on where to get some new good hose?




LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
May 24, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Pool stores sell the corrugated hoses that can attach with stainless steel clamps. The problem with these is that they will sometimes come unattached and drain the pool.

However if you're system allows for it (most do) I would recommend plumbing it in with either hard PVC or flex hose (either can be found at home improvement stores). If going this route be sure to use unions so that you can easily remove the pump for repair in the future. They also come in handy on sand filter valve so that you can easily remove the valve for sand changes.

If you need more help just post a picture here (or e-mail it me) and I will be more than happy to point you in the right direction and help you make a material list.

- Josh