Where did the "New Threads" link go?

I’ll have to peak as I don’t remember removing that however an update could have edited something thus removing it.

I will warn that there is a very good chance this Winter we’ll see some edits reducing the amount of options in the menu. We’d really like to simplify things and some items maybe removed. Not sure what ones yet, but there will be some changes.

That said, shouldn’t have started yet so let me see if I can find out what’s up. 👍

That was the one I liked too. Didn't ask, assumed maybe was removed on purpose for some reason.

I agree needs to be thinned out a bit. Seems no reason to have selections available under forums then another header under what's new with even more selections. Thin them down and have all under Forums.

It appears that link was actually never supposed to go live. It was created by a plugin that gave TFP the option of “tagging” various threads with certain prefixes. This way you could sort by algae or heaters or whatever. Unfortunately the plugin just wasn’t up to par and wasn’t ever supposed to be activated. We’ve been doing some behind the scenes cleanup as of late as we prepare for Winter updates and this plugin has been deleted, thus the reason the link is “dead.”

One option you may want to look at is the “View New Posts” under Forums as this shows both new threads AND new posts in one search. I’ll continue to look and see if I can’t create the New Threads link again minus the plugin and we’ll see if I can place it somewhere.

That was the one I liked too. Didn't ask, assumed maybe was removed on purpose for some reason.

I agree needs to be thinned out a bit. Seems no reason to have selections available under forums then another header under what's new with even more selections. Thin them down and have all under Forums.

This is kinda my logic too as my goal is to cut the options in 1/2. I greatly want all options to show up on a “normal” phone without scrolling when a user opens the hamburger menu on TFP. It’s gonna be a challenge, but one I suspect we’ll be able to do.

Reactions: Msch99
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.