Where did my Calcium Go? And other questions....

Thank you both - very valuable info.

Yes, the lugging of bleach is the worst part or pool maintenance for me this year. So, I agree - that alone would make an SWG worth it.

Of course, for the last 6 years the worst part of pool maintenance was brushing the walls twice a day, so I can't really complain!

Brushing twice a day ... you are talking about your teeth right :mrgreen:

Why so often? I am really bad about brushing the pool, but I think I have seen that many people here brush about once a week.

That was last year....Leslie's kept telling me I needed to "shock". My pump crapped out last fall, which ended up being a blessing in disguise.

Googling "green pool" brought me to TFP. I had never heard of CYA, and, sure enough, I had well over 200 CYA in my pool. Probably for years. So in the past, Leslie's would sell me a box of Crud and the kemtek rep at home depot would sell me bags of other Crud and tabs, and they both told me to brush until the algae stopped. Well, it never stopped. So other than getting really buff shoulders, I was completely wasting my time!

Those days are gone, thankfully. I have an automatic robot vacuum that does a great job of brushing as well. My new pool equipment is humming along, and I actually understand what is in my water now. Still lots to learn, but it's a different ball game now that I feel in control.

Thank you all!

Thanks again to everyone that replied.

Every time I post a question here, I end up with an answer and twice as many questions! Which is a great thing. I know a lot more now than I did last week. And I also think you guys convinced me to look at an SWG now (not after my remodel). I installed my filter, pump, and all the PVC myself - I'm hoping and SWG install is as straightforward. Someone brought up the issue of vacation - hadn't thought of that!!! Good excuse to tell that wife why we need to spend another grand on the pool...lol.

Ron

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.