Where could that leak be? Where’s the water going?

Mar 29, 2020
MO
Looking for suggestions, experience or ideas on a diagnosed leak. We have narrowed a leak to a Pentair bubbler on tanning ledge. We were losing up to an inch/day in a 34x16 gunite pool. W/bubbler off water is still, which is a relief, kind of. There is 0 signs of where a decent amount of water per day was going until about 10 days ago. Any experiences to share on how awful or not awful this may be in repair?

If the leak is in the line to the bubbler as you believe, I suspect your best option right now is to simply leave it off. Not sure if there is a reliable, non-evasive fix (i.e. Fix-A-Leak) product out there the industry uses for such applications since cutting into the pool shell would not seem prudent. Maybe @jimmythegreek can confirm for us.

Can you post pics of bubbler location? If its in a normal finished area theres really no fix. Cap it amd repair down the road when replaster time comes. Thats the worst return to have a leak on
Thx for replying. See marked up pic. Pls don’t hesitate to educate me/share your thoughts on “the worst return to have a leak on” and why you suggest at time of replaster.

Attachments

• 892BE505-CA1A-4367-B9EA-D01C753B1FD4.jpeg
    892BE505-CA1A-4367-B9EA-D01C753B1FD4.jpeg
    612.5 KB · Views: 12
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.