LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2014
Highland Village, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We built our pool 23 years ago and at that time installed the latest innovations in controllers, a Jandy Aqualink RS6. This controller is still functioning properly. But recently, we have replaced the heater and installed an Astral E 35 SWG and Pentair VS 3 hp pump. We also recently installed the WaterGuru. My question is when do you make the decision to upgrade to the iAqualink at a cost of anywhere from $799.00 to over $2000.00 based on receiving 3 quotes so far. Is it worth the expense (I cannot see any payback) for this type automation?

Mike,

No one "needs" automation, it is more of a luxury or hobby.. As such there is almost no "payback"..

As a general rule, for an automation system to be fully functional, everything must talk with one another, so this means that the SWCG, the VS pump and the Automation all must be from the same manufacturer.. Note that some Jandy systems can control some IntelliFlo pumps, but depending on the pump, not all the features.

I would not upgrade unless you can see some overriding reason. I love my automation system, but truth be told it is just for fun.. My pool would work just fine without it.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.