When to heat?

And they rest on the water's surface. But most heat gain is actually by retention of heat that would be lost at night without it, not from sun absorption through the cover, to the pool.

# Sent from mobile device. Beware of brevity and spelling errors!

Jrg...an auto over helps retain heat by preventing evaporation, which is the major cause of heat loss on a body of water the size of a pool. They are expensive in the 10k plus range, but since I like running my heat May through mid October, I am betting I could rationalize one during a Reno if it had a 10 year warranty ;) I would also likely save somewhere between 500 and 1,000 gallons a week in evaporation water loss, and since I'm on well water that then gets softened before topping up the pool, plus sequestered for the trace iron that still gets through, I'd save on my water treatments, electric and salt costs too...

Shane...the border guards did not unwrap the gift or ask what it was ;) If they had, I would have just said a pool test kit. My reasoning is that if Lowry can import the Taylor k2006, there's nothing in it that is banned in Canada ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.