When to add chemicals after resurfacing?

Feb 19, 2017
Tampa
Hello

We just completed resurfacing (pebble-tec) on 3/7 and are planning on installing a SWG that we recently purchased, CircuPool SJ Series 40,000 gallon.

I believe the pool company did an Acid Start up and we are taking over the maintenance next week.. We are no longer going to be using a pool cleaning service and will be testing ourselves but also require monthly testing for our pool warranty.

We were told we can use our pool now? But we have some concerns as there is no chlorine.

FAC = 0
TAC = 0
Salt = 0
CH = 180
CYA = 40
TA = 40
PH = 7.2
Phosphates = 500

We are waiting 30 days to add salt and install the SWG but should we add bleach and the other items recommended by the TFP pool calculator during the first 30 days? Also, should we add the chemicals in any specific order? I see the time frames for adding and retesting but was wondering if there is a preferred order?

Also, we have a pool warranty that requires monthly testing by a commercial water chemical retailer and the following levels:
I have seen other posters on TFP with these numbers so we are going to try to stay closet these if possible.

CL = 1-3
PH 7.2 – 7.6
TA = 80-120
CH 200-400
CYA = 30-50
Sequest 12 ppm
Salt Level 2500-3500

Thanks,
Tom

Pebbletec has start up instructions here
Pool Care Instructions Pebble Tec

And they will send you more detailed start up instructions for your pool after you register your warranty here,
Product Registration Pebble Tec

TFP's recommendation for a saltwater pool are here,
Pool School - Water Balance for SWGs

The most important thing right now is to manage your pH, keep it between 7.6 and 7.8 would be my recommendation. And TA between 60 and 80.

It is important to maintain chlorine levels above minimum for your CYA level at all times to keep the pool safe, sanitized and algae free. [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA], bleach or liquid chlorine is an excellent way to do that. You can also use trichlor pucks to chlorinate u til your cya gets up to the level you want it. Which I would recommend to be 80 ppm for your location.

Here is a good basic intro to water chemistry. ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.