Flower Mound, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Twice each year (spring and fall), our cedar elms drop tiny seeds. Just so happens that we have several of these otherwise beautiful trees that overhang our pool. While they are very much a part of our paradise, providing ample shade for our patio area during hot Texas summers, I just wish I could put a stop to their seed production. We had above normal rain this year and cool temps arrived early, leading to an abundance of seed output. Even if I had put my cover on, the seeds are so fine that they drop through the netting. The good news is that yesterday’s rain hopefully knocked most of the seeds down and this won’t last for long. The skimmer basket below is an example of less than 24 hours of collection. Cleaner is working overtime!

1599746631017.jpeg

I have boatloads of oaks. And same. I took down 14 in the immediate area but it doesn’t matter, I routinely watch droppings defy the laws of gravity and float sideways on the breeze and then sink like bricks once they get over the pool.

Yuck. Is the skimmer catching all/most of them or are many getting through to the filter? If so you may want to add a skimmer sock and see if that helps keep them in the skimmer.

Yuck. Is the skimmer catching all/most of them or are many getting through to the filter? If so you may want to add a skimmer sock and see if that helps keep them in the skimmer.
Oh we have skimmer socks on the baskets. You just can’t tell because the basket is so full. I’ll still get plenty of seeds in the filter, though, probably through the drain since I brush everything down to the deep end. Interestingly, my pressure gauge has barely moved so far. I just put new grids in last week, so could be that they are not clogging up as quickly as my 13 year old grids did.

We just got our just in time for the fall leaf fesival. The trees are not ours, just to the north and east. And of curse the wind blew from the north for a week, had to clean the scimmer a leased twice a day. Last week it was from the east twice a day all last week. The past few days from the south southwest most of them have fallen, TG.

Just got the call the auto cover is on its way, Friday or Monday.......:cheers:

• Love
Reactions: bmoreswim
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.