When can I swim?

themilkman

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 22, 2010
Finally done with the build and now on to the newbie questions about testing and balancing.

Waiting on my TF-100 and just using the basic test kit PB provided my FC is 3.0 and my PH is 7.2 after putting in my conditioner on Sunday night. I have been using 73% cal-hypo on the pool as that is what the PB provided for start up. My water is crystal clear and seems to be holding the chlorine quite well even tho I have not shocked yet. PB was pouring chlorine into the water while the pool water sat during the last part of the build to kill any algae.

So with the conditioner in (8lbs) on Saturday it should bring my CYA up to 40 according to the pool calculator but I will check when I get the TF kit this week.

So two quick questions:

1. With everything else in check and the water clear when can i safely swim again or should I wait longer with the conditioner/stabilizer?

2. I haven't shocked the pool yet but chlorine is staying well, should I shock anyway just in case? When is it safe to swim again after shocking if I bring the chlorine up to a 15 level?

Thanks so much for everyone's help so far.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.