Fc 10.8
Cc. .3
Total c 11.1

CYA. 58

Ph 7.5
Alk. 110
Ch. 200

Pool math indicates I’m outside my slam target fc it should be 28

If I raise it using 73% cal hypo Leslies power powder (2lbs 8oz )can the pool be used for swimming today??t

How do you get CC of 0.3 or CYA of 58 from your K-2006?

You should not do the SLAM Process using cal-hypo. Use liquid chlorine.

Why are you doing the SLAM Process?

1. I estimated- for cc I used .2 per drop it was almost clear at 1 drop and totally cleared at 2 drops but I thought it would have been clear at 1.5 drops hence .3 CC

2. The CYA seemed to just disappear a little below 60 on the comparator block - but that seem to be very subjective. I’m wish there was a better way to read it

3. I have not done the slam process- pool math said to do what I have listed above the slam fc target of 28.

4. I’m new to this so I’m looking for any and all advice

5. I think I have some little accumulation of algae pockets on pool floor. But overall water condition is quite crystal clear

1. I estimated- for cc I used .2 per drop it was almost clear at 1 drop and totally cleared at 2 drops but I thought it would have been clear at 1.5 drops hence .3 CC

2. The CYA seemed to just disappear a little below 60 on the comparator block - but that seem to be very subjective. I’m wish there was a better way to read it

Do not estimate on the tests. Use the drops it takes.

Your CC is 0.4

A CC of 0.4 is from normal chlorine sanitation. Only when CC gets above 1.0 does it indicate a problem.

We round up. If the dot disappears between 60 and 50 we round up call it 60.

You don't need to agonize with more precision then that for pool water chemistry.

Reactions: Mdragger88
If you use a 10 ML sample on the FC test each drop is 0.5. That precision is adequate for our purposes and saves a lot of reagent.

There is no need for 0.2 precision with TFP methods.

Reactions: gnhand
1. CC is 0.4
2. CYA is 60 - scale is logarithmic, not linear. No accurate interpolation between the lines. Round up.
Thank you!!
If you use a 10 ML sample on the FC test each drop is 0.5. That precision is adequate for our purposes and saves a lot of reagent.

There is no need for 0.2 precision with TFP methods.
thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.