"Old" Katy, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
My pool water pH is constantly on the rise, it seems. I never have a problem of too low pH. That made me wonder what my incoming water is. Here is mine. Does this seem typical?
* Rain water (TS Imelda came through last night, so I had a good source) pH=6.9
* Fill water (softened with potassium water softener) pH=8.1
With our summer near-drought conditions and upper 90's daily high temps, I've mostly had fill water added with very little rain. Using about a gallon of 31.45% muriatic acid every five weeks or so.

Most tap water has pH between 6.5 and 8.5, but some municipal water suppliers may raise the pH of water as high as 9 to prevent plumbing corrosion.

Imelda's remnants are pounding us right now! My fill water was at least ph 8 (that's the highest my test would go,) but my tap water CH is very low. I add a cup of acid every day. If I get a break in this dang rain I could use a quart of chlorine because I ran out yesterday and didn't get to raise my FC up before the deluge.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.