What's your current pool temp?

Any sort of solid cover will help, even a cheap poly tarp. What you are trying to do is reduce the evaporation off the surface. That is the main driving element to pool heat loss.

My cover looks like the manufacturer bought up a bunch of black/blue poly tarps and cut/hem to circular shape.

Laid directly on the water -- darned thing floats if give the chance -- reduces heat loss to a minimum.

Before I started using it, heat loss closely followed ambient at night. With it, I'm losing only a few degrees.

75 when i last checked an hour ago in chicago and i just filled it up a couple days ago. went for our first swim ever in it today and the water temp was 71. a bit chilly at first but as long as you kept moving it wasnt bad. tomorrow will be sunny and 84 so it should be better, i need to get some sunscreen though. it was cloudy and 80 today.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Between 82 and 86 since the constant rains finally stopped. Had enough warm weather and sun that I have left the solar cover off but I may start putting it back on at night seeing it looks to be in the 60's the next few nights. Or maybe cover it during the day and leave off after the evening swim so I don't lose much water to the sun....decisions decisions. lol.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.