What's your current pool temp?

A couple of big rains have brought the temp down to 86. When I heard we would get a lot of rain from Hermine, I drained the pool down to the bottom of the skimmer and the rain brought it back up to 4/5ths of the skimmer. Wouldn't you know, just when I had the CYA and borates where I wanted them!

Update to the August post: After two or so days of a total and complete drenching and lower temps, ours had dropped to 86. With the solar cover back on, it's back up to 92 today. Yea! Looks like we'll get to keep swimming throughout Sept., and possibly Oct., this year! :whoot:

You guys suck...ours is already down to 66. We don't have any form of heat beyond the solar cover. Considering solar heat next spring, would be nice to extend the season.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
73 degrees yesterday . . I had taken the solar cover off last week for the rest of the season because the forecast was for cloudy and cool conditions for many days and I figured this was it. Yesterday was sunny and in the lower 70's and I had gone for an hour-long fitness walk and my husband was working hard edging the sidewalk, so we were sufficiently heated up to brave the water. It felt great actually. When I was a kid and we'd swim in the ocean with temps in the upper 60's, having water at 73 would be an improvement!

Water was 68 degrees and I went swimming in the rain this afternoon - I could see steam rising off the water when took the solar blanket off..... Apparently this is as warm as Lake Superior got this summer. Hottest on record. "August 2010: Lake Superior, which is bordered by Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Ontario, Canada, recorded its highest average surface temperature ever, a balmy 68.3°F" http://www.sciencebuzz.org/blog/lake-su ... emperature

Interesting how so many areas are warmer than normal, including us. In the past we closed around September 21 and yet this year are still swimming as of today, and the water was 79.5. I only run the heat pump in the afternoon while I'm swimming because I love those warm areas of water that the heater creates. This is total bliss for me!

Update for our area in North Central Texas: Our temp will drop to 50 tonight - had to run back in and change out of summer shorts/flip flops today :shock: So definitely not warmer than usual here. But our pool is still covered and the temp has dropped from about 97 yesterday to 92 as of tonight (lots of clouds the last few days). I may drag the kids out to the pool tomorrow when their schoolwork is done!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.